Wednesday, 16 December 2015

VISIONZ PREPS FOR THE FORCE AWAKENS


 Yo what up peeps. I've been very quiet recently due to a severe migraine, which has kept me away from updating the site and hosting the radio shows. 

  I've wanted to blog about this for some time and share some thoughts with you all about The Force Awakens, which is premiered today (excluding the Monday LA Premiere) Wow!!!. I guess I'll start right at where most of us probably did to prepare for the new movie. 

Recently I completed a SW marathon to boss up and be fully nerded up on everything SW pertaining to the movies. I looked for every detail whilst watching the various movies and animated series so that I can retain every ounce of the force. Below is a detail of my fandom and how I prepared along with some thoughts on each part of the franchise.

Visionz SW Marathon:

Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. Ok I'm a huge SW fan, but that doesn't mean I will accept everything & anything with the SW brand as good. The Phantom Menace is one terrible movie with the only redeeming highlight featuring the fight between Darth Maul, Obi Wan, and Qui Gon Jin. EP1 after thoughts: I liked Darth Maul & Qui Gon but that's it. Wack.

Episode 2: Attack of The Clones: Sighs. Ok its not as bad as the Phantom Menace as we all know and its been said many times. However, its still butt. Terrible acting and Hayden Christenson reminding us of why he never should be allowed to lead in a movie ever. I was bored, but saying to myself "Clone War Series next. All will be saved". Ep2 after thoughts: I liked Obi Wan, Jango Fett, & the Clone Troopers. Hmm yup.

So with the first 2 painful prequel movies now watched it was on the far superior Clone Wars series. If you want to do the marathon to prep up then avoid the prequel movies aside from episode 3 and just watch the Clone Wars, which are so much better. The acting, story detail behind the various actors are up there so definitely the way to go.

SW Clone Wars: Seasons 1, 2, 3 ,4, 5, 6(Lost Missions).

An awesome series only let down by a few filler episodes in each seasons. I'd recommend avoiding anything with the Gungans, Jedi Younglings, and Padme. 

The series explains order 66 and much more. Overall an awesome watch. Highly recommended. 

Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. Personally episode 3 is the only good movie from the prequels. I know Anakin's whining and Darth Tantrums are irritating, but it sets up the events for episode 4 nicely. 

Episode 4: A New Hope.  Nearing the end of the marathon so on to episode 5 & 6.

Episodes 5 & 6: The Empire Strikes Back & Return of the Jedi. Boss just like episode 4. 

SW Rebels episodes 8 & 9. Watched the latest episode of SW Rebels featuring the fan favorite Asoka Tano from the Clone Wars. She is a much more powerful Jedi who easily dispatched the two inquisitors. 


So there we are. I'm ready. Bossed and nerded up. I feel prepared for the Force Awakens. There are so many thoughts running through my mind about the new movie. I'll share them in the next post, but its rad when we think today is the day. Nerves and excitement are on overload. 1. 




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.