Tuesday, 23 February 2016

NEW X FILES SEASON - OUR THOUGHTS SO FAR


 So I'd heard so much about the X Files and people told me you must watch this new series. I've never seen it before so I can only comment on the new season, but its not that good. The first episode conveyed a sinister atmosphere with a teasing story that had me asking questions and left me excited to hopefully discover the answers in future episodes. The acting is a little wooden, but I thought ok its not bad I will give this a chance. 

  The second episode was ok and decent enough to keep us watching. However, come the third episode in the series I was about ready to just turn it off. It really was a case of 'The Wack Files'. Complete utter wack is the only way I can describe it. Episode 3 was just terrible filler stuff with no connection to the main story arc featuring cheesy sub par acting at best. I found it ridiculous and insulting to sci fi shows everywhere. I'm trying to avoid dropping spoilers, but it was that bad. I'll give you all an outline, which does contain spoilers, and will no doubt stress the complete absurdity with this episode. A lizard type creature transforms into a human and works in a mobile phone store when he is not feeling scaly. Ok... yes awesome. 

  The reviews so far are saying the same thing that there are too many random lame episodes with no connection to the central plot. Its only when we reach the series finale are there any connections the whole point of the show. It doesn't leave us with much hope and confidence for the remaining episodes we have yet to watch. 

  Personally I think there are so many better shows out there, which I enjoy so much more, but as I mentioned at the start of the blog post I haven't seen the original X Files so I cannot compare them with the new season. I'm about to watch the new Heroes Reborn show today so I'm curious to see how it stands up. 







 













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.