Tuesday, 23 August 2016

Brutal Existence Radio Closure (2008-2016)






 
 Hey all, and peace! I've been holding off posting this statement for some time, but friends/bands/and many more people are asking where the station has gone, and why isn't The Wastelands airing today?

  A few days ago, Brutal Existence Radio closed it's doors for good. It has hit me real hard, as it was something that was important to me, and I simply love doing the shows to help share/support all of this awesome music. My favorites maybe punk, metal, and hip hop, but I enjoy so many forms of music. Music is truly a wonderful gift that I appreciate so much. 

  Brutal Existence Radio ran from 2008-2016 bringing forth so many forms of metal and punk music, helping niche bands/artists from all over the world. It was a pleasure to be a part of, and I'm extremely grateful for the freedom I was given to play anything underground from metal and hc punk. 

  I tried a few different themes for various shows such as the Stressed Out punk show, Crimson Bones Thrash Radio with Captain Midnight Mosh, Darth Jedi Metal show, and finally, my separate long running hc punk radio show, which evolved into The Wastelands featuring many forms of metal and punk. The freedom and scope for creative expression was something unheard of compared with most organizations. Recently, I started recording movie reviews/reactions to air on The Wastelands, and it proved to be popular. 

  I would like to thank everybody for supporting the station, and the many shows, both past and present. We all gave it 100% and tried our best to keep it going on air. It is not the end, but the beginning of a new chapter for all the staff. Many are seeking new stations, and it would be great if we all can be together again. 

  The Wastelands will continue, and I'm currently looking for a new station where I can to do the show.

  In closing, I want say thank you to all the djs/staff for helping build a very special bastion of mosh. I personally would like to thank my good friends Metal Mark, and Jedi Master Tony, whom tutors me in the ways of the force, and general nerdom. 

  Fowler, thank you for the opportunity, and the great years of not only experience, but friendship as well. Without you man, we wouldn't have been able to do any of this. Hope you stay well, wherever you are.

Thank you all, and see you soon on a new home with The Wastelands! Brutal Existence Radio 2008-2016. 1 love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.