Here is a new interview with Neurogenic who play a form of brutal death metal with elements of a few genres. If you are a fan of brutality then be sure to pick up a copy of the band's debut cd "Ourboric Stagnation" through the mighty Comatose Music.Read the interview and be sure to check this band out today.
Interview with Neurogenic done by Patrick
1. Hello what gave you the idea to form Neurogenic and how did you come up with the name of the band?
Greetings. I just wanted to create a high speed technical death metal band and I think that is what we got as a result. The band name means "dysfunction of a nervous system". I took a long time to make up a name but in the end I think the result is very fitting, cuz our music will destroy the nervous
system of unprepared listener, haha.
2. I believe each member of the band lives in a different country how did you all first meet and decide to work on a band? What is the current line-up of the band?
We first met at facebook lol. I have played with Anton (our bass player) earlier, we recorded Back Door to Asylum "Cerberus Millenia" with him, the album was released on Amputated Vein Records in 2014. Our line up hasn't changed since 2012: Matteo Bazzanella - (Indecent Excision) - vocals, Anton Zhikharev (Fleshbomb) - bass, Marco Pitruzzella (Six Feet Under) - drums and me on the guitar.
3. Neurogenic is getting ready to release their debut cd "Ourboric Stagnation" through the mighty Comatose Music how did you all come in contact with this great label?
We had a lot of offers from different labels, but we decided to go along with Comatose Music in the end and are very glad we did. We're very happy with the label's support and with everything that he has done for us and continues to do!
4. How long did it take the band to write the music on the debut cd?Does each member contribute to the song writing or does one member usually write everything?
The writing and guitars were finished in the beginning of 2013, it took few more years to record the instruments of the other band members and guest vocalists. Yes, every band member had invested in the album. I made some raw parts of all the instruments but left a lot of space for individual creativity for every member so all the guys recorded and made their parts sound as they like.
5. Who usually writes the lyrics for the music and what are some topics you all write about?Which usually comes first the music or the lyrics?
All the lyrics parts were handled by our vocalist. The topics are underworld, insanity and other nasties. The music comes first in our camp, lyrics are written when everything else is done.
6. Besides the debut cd "Ourboric Stagnation" coming out September does the band have any other merchandise available for the readers? And if yes where can the readers buy it from?
We released some stuff in the past sure, but as far as the new album, you can order the new shirts from the label's websitewww.comatosemusic.com.
7. In your opinions what is the best and worst thing about the underground metal scene today?
I really like that the underground is like a big family in which many peeps help each other and try to hold on to each other. What I don't like is the modern plastic sound, but this applies to the modern metal scene in general.
8. Besides brutal death metal do you all listen to any other forms of metal or music in general?
I generally like to listen to all kinds of music and don't restrict myself to death metal only, which everybody should do too I think.
9. As mentioned you all live in different countries what are the metal scenes like in your countries and area's you live in?
I live in the far north of the Arctic Circle and we have a few ok metal bands, but nobody plays or listens to death metal here.
10. You all work with different bands when not working in Neurogenic please tell the readers a little about your other bands?
Marco is recording some new stuff for Six Feet Under. Me, Matteo and Anton are working on the new material for our bands I mentioned earlier. I also have created a new band recently, called Imprecated. I like to think of it like an unholy slam.
11. Besides music we are big movie fans here at the wasteland's do you all watch a lot of movies? What are some of your all-time favorite movies?
I love movies a lot and a lot of them, can't just mention enough of them hah.
12. Who are some of your favorite actresses and actors?
Hard to tell cuz some movies show a very good actor play but not so good play in another movie. Let it be Leonardo DiCaprio. He finally got his oscar recently and I'm glad he did, he's a pretty talented at what he does.
13. Thank you for taking the time to fill this interview out do you all have any final comments for the readers?
Thanks a lot for all the questions. It was a pleasure to go through them. To everybody who reads this: Support the underground, because YOU ARE THE UNDERGROUND!