Saturday, 24 December 2016

ANCIENT VISIONZ DIVERSIFYING FURTHER


 Peace all, I'm back with another update before winter vacation. Many of these updates were wrote fast and quick so grammar or wording weren't the primary focus. It is a busy time atm, as I'm sure it is for everyone during the holiday season, so speed and quickness with posts were the major concern before leaving for vacation.

  The previous post discussed my radio shows maintaining diversity, and now it is time to announce the same approach with Ancient Visionz. We already try to reach a good cross selection with underground music, film, and comics, but in-order for us to grow, we need to take it further.

  During conversations with friends in underground metal/punk/hip hop and indie film, it became clear that generating support for all these communities outside of the mainstream, or top tier sections of the underground has become increasingly difficult. Myself and Patrick who run the site have tried every idea imaginable either through my radio shows or Ancient Visionz. The reality is we need to make some changes or continue struggling along, so an evolution is required. It is a strategy I've used many times with my radio shows to broaden the genres.

  I never envisioned coming to a decision like this, but the only way for the site to grow to be blunt, and hopefully turn people on to the lesser known and more obscure music, and films, are to sadly, also feature the big name bands whether underground or mainstream. When we say mainstream there is a limit, mainstream hip hop is something we will not entertain, as mainstream hip hop is beyond bad. But, maybe if we cover some of the bigger known bands/artists along with popular mainstream ones, we will attract new readers who can then be encouraged to discover the underground aspects, which is where our passion is. 

  Personally, I do not hold much interest for whatever famous bands are doing or the mainstream. There are some okish songs I like, and some bands are ok, but it is a scene I just don't follow or hold any interest in, as my tastes gravitate to mid tier artists and diy bands. I guess to clarify this for say hip hop and metal: Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, and so on.

  Metal: Think the big names in the underground, then with some famous artists from the mainstream. Not something I'm excited to do, but I see little choice with helping the site and our connected projects grow. For example, not everyone in indie film are underground metal heads or punks, so I can't be oh go away you don't like real metal. That behavior is a bit ridiculous, but a bridging gap could be done that would maybe encourage others to explore the bands/artists from the underground scenes or recognize what we hold in common.

  In truth, the site will maintain the underground focus, that is always my preference in music, and studying at college leaves me little time to explore what rock star the 3rd is doing, but after discussing this at length with friends in all scenes whom are experiencing the same problems in the underground, then it is the realistic solution to implement for Ancient Visionz. 

  My radio shows will keep and maintain their underground focus, and diversity through underground genres as always (no changes with them, other than adding various underground genres for the metal/punk show). 

  But, to be realistic for the Ancient Visionz site and it's growth, myself and Patrick may at times include some of the more known stuff to help us reach new readers.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.