Saturday, 24 December 2016

RADIO SHOWS MAINTAINING MUSICAL DIVERSITY


Hey all, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas. Here is the first post concerning my radio shows and the importance of maintaining variety. The posts are very quick due to me rushing for vacation. There are 3-4 more posts coming up in next 2-3 hrs.
 
Radio Shows:
  
  The closure of Brutal Existence Radio hit my radio shows severely hard. I've experienced the struggles of DIY before when I ran my former punk show/site, and am aware how difficult it can be competing against radio stations. When operating individually, only so much can be done alone. Sure I could relaunch the former punk site/show, but I wish to avoid being type casted in one scene, especially since I network/work/and am friends with a wide range of people, so maintaining diversity is the way forward.

  The radio shows remain largely the same as they all feature a wide ranging arc, but The Wastelands is going to continue as a mixed variety show featuring both metal and punk, which means everything from doom, sludge, desert rock, heavy metal, blues, death metal, crust, d-beat, hardcore, grindcore, thrash, hc punk, and so on. The monthly thrash show Crimson Bones is firmly in place. 

  My main aim with the radio shows including Paradigm Radio (talk radio) are to encourage people to think outside the box and open up to other music. I'm aware there probably never will be unity between different underground music scenes as a whole, but it doesn't mean that Ancient Visionz has to accept that particular scenario, which leads to the following post about forthcoming changes to the Ancient Visionz site.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.