Friday, 31 March 2017

WASTELANDS: IDEAS TO GAIN SUPPORT FOR SHOW


 It sucks writing about this problem again with the punk show, an on-going issue since Brutal Existence Radio closed. After the station ceased to be, The Wastelands became a DIY show, and cannot seem to get the support. I'm not naive, I knew many of us who are ex BER, and djaying our shows DIY would not receive 20-30 listeners, but I've tried everything with The Wastelands. Myself, Metal Mark, Jonny, and a few others work tremendously hard for zero financial gain to bring underground and niche music to the forefront. BER may have closed, but our shows are still around. The only difference is we are DIY, but network together, as you can check here @ this link

Wastelands show link:
http://ancientvisionz.blogspot.co.uk/p/blog-page_23.html

The ideas I'm contemplating in another effort to save the punk show are:

Changing the name to Ancient Visionz HC Punks to help to make it obvious that the show is a punk show. I'm going to implement the idea immediately, as people know the Ancient Visionz Metal show.

Reducing the show further to just 1 hour. It started as 4hrs, then 3, then 2, and now an hr if it will make a difference. 

Or changing the format into a hc/underground hip hop show for 2hrs. Those 2 scenes seem to correlate well from my personal experience. 

 Or hosting another edition of the chat show, which would mean my punk show would go on permanent hold until the situation improved.

  I'm not sure what other ideas to consider, and I've previously explored many options. Of course, I wouldn't abandon hc punk, but it would mean only promoting the scene through reviews etc. I'm a music fan as a whole, and my favorites are from hc punk, metal, and hip hop. Hopefully the punk show can still run alongside Ancient Visonz metal radio. Peace all. 1.



 



  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.