Saturday, 19 August 2017

Interview with Jorge vocalist of Eshtadur done by Patrick posted on 8-19-17


Interview  with  Jorge  vocalist  of  Eshtadur  done  by  Patrick


1.Hello  Jorge   how  are  things  going  in  Colombia these  days?Please  introduce  yourself  to  the  readers?

Nice to meet you Patrick,  Jorg here of Eshtadur, all here great and working a lot, thanks to all the readers, I am 27 and since I was 15 I've been dreaming with playing and having a well known metal band, I have a  Bachelor in music and I play soccer as a hobbie.

2.When  did you  first   get  the  idea  to  form  this  band?How  did you  choose  the  name Eshtadur  does it have  a  special  meaning?


When I started basic school at 12 I saw by first time a music room, with drums and guitars, I wanted to play drums, then I got some tapes from Metallica, listenning to battery, I just had to listen to those acoustic guitars and then the riffs, immediately I wanted to play that. When I was 15 I founded Eshtadur with some friends, I played heavy metal first but never done something serious before till Eshtadur, the name's meaning is taken from a greek author who referes to Eshtadur as Rebellion of angels, there is known, there several kind of Rebellion in antique books, Eshtadur is the Rebellion of the angels.


3.What  is  the  current  line-up  of the  band?Who  would you  say  are  the bands  biggest  influences?


Current Line up is Victor on the bass, Mauro in drums and Sebas on guitars, we have been together over a year, ans we really want to make a lot of things for our future, influences are very vast, sebas is a pure thrash metal fan, such as Victor, he likes Judast priest and heavy metal, Mauro is very fan of grind, black and death metal, we like bands like Dismember, Dissection, at the gates, In flames.

4.Mother Gray  is  the  bands third full-length release  does the whole  band  take  part in the  writing process  or does  one member  take care of everything?


I have been always interested in sharing ideas and arrangements with others, however due to the turn of events, I have played with a lot of musicians, being pretty exigent to find those who want to risk and engage as much as I want, people with other priorities in better words, so after changing a lot of members I have spend much of the time alone and I developed a method and ideas and style, so I take care of everything, music, lyrics, concepts, arrangements.


5.Jorge  you  handle  the  vocals  for the  band  so I figure  you  write  the lyrics  for the music.What  are  some  subjects you  wrote  about  on  Mother Gray ?

I wrote about pretty bad times I had, depression, dark energies, was far away from my wife, I almost died in a car accident, so all tracks talk about that, when I got some guts and motivation, I wrote "Plaguemaker" and "Time hole to paris", about how people try to turn you down, and how man is the perfect weapon to destroy all that the world gives by nature. The song "Desolation" is dedicated to my wife who came back with me, we are really better now fortunately thanks lol. The song "Belong to nowhere" is a mix of how I felt without my half my partner and that I didn't have a Father which makes me an angry antipathic man sometimes. The mother gray is the nature becoming death, Plague, decease, devastation, illness, decay.


6.Besides  Mother Gray  are  any of the  bands  previous  releases still  available  for purchase?Besides  physical  releases is  their  any other  merchandise available if  yes what is available  and where  can the  readers buy  it?

All material is sold out, we only have 20 or 30 Cds of Oblivion EP in digipack, but you can find all discography in digital download or streaming at Bandcamp.com/Eshtadur, you can purchase songs or albums.


7.Are  their  any  shows  or tours  coming up  in support  of Mother Gray? If yes  where  will  the  band  be  playing?

We are planning to do some shows in Colombia in a few months and we would like to book something dor Europe we'll see.


8.Eshtadur  comes out  of  the  Colombian  metal  scene  what is your  opinion  of  Colombia's metal  scene?

I have so much respect for my country's metal scene, very exigent, all bands that success here are over 15 or 20 years old, you have to work hard to be recognized, however we are growing and becoming better, there are international bands coming around, bigger concerts are made nowadays which helps the scene to be closer to something better, like in Europe or US.


9.Who  are  your  all-time   favorite  bands  coming  of  Colombia ? And  are  their  any  new  bands you  feel  the readers  should  watch  out  for? My favourite band is a heavy metal one named KRAKEN, like a Dio from Colombia, KRAKEN is a legend here, I grew up listenning to them. I can recommend the readers to follow Inquisition, Thy Antichrist or Threshold end.


10.Are  their  any  honest  and  reliable  labels or  distro's you  feel  the readers  should  check  out  soon?

Not currently, but you can check some media like Factor Metal, inmigrant records.

11.Besides  metal music do  you  or  any  of the  members  of the band  listen to  any other  forms  of  underground  music?

I personally like orquesta and classical music, jazz, my music of all times is AOR and old hard rock, Survivor, Foreigner, Lynn Turner, Bad english, Journey, Alien, John Taite.


12.Besides  music  we  here  at  Ancient  Visionz  are  huge  movie  fans  do you  like to  watch  movies? If  yes  what is your  favorite  genre and  what  are some of your  favorite  movies?

I love Drama, action, suspense, horror, from Saw to Matrix, or It, Nightmare on elm street, Alien, scify also.


13.Do  you  have  any  favorite  actresses  and  actors  that you  enjoy  watching?

I would like to mention Kevin spacey, Denzel W, Anthony hopkins, Clint Eastwood, Michelle monahgan, Jennifer Aniston, Nicold Kidman, Jodie foster, sigourney weaver, Jim carrey, Stallone.

14.Jorge  besides  working in   Eshtadur   do you  or  any of the  members  currently  play  in  any  other  bands? If yes  please tell the readers  a  little  about them?

I personally only play for Eshtadur, our drummer has other projects, also bassist and guitarist, you should check Goreinhaled, Bang and Expect no mercy bands.


15.Thank  you  Jorge   for taking the time to  fill this  interview  out  do you  have  any  final  comments  for the readers?

No, it has been a pleasure I have fun taking the time, I appreciate a lot this kind of media, your support, your duty, thanks for spreading the word I just want to be closer to more ears and more fans, we have been receiving a lot of messages on our Facebook media, that is something real valuable, we are going to work harder for you¡ lml

Jorg.
                                                            Band  Contact
                                                   https://eshtadur.bandcamp.com/
                                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Flechas666JorgeLopez/featured
                                               https://www.facebook.com/EshtadurOfficial/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.