Interview with Necrotted done by Patrick
1. Hello! How are things going in Germany these days? Please introduce yourselves to the readers?
Fabian: Hi, my name is Fabian and I’m doing vocals for Necrotted. Everything’s the same as always in damn good old Germany.
Philipp: Hey, I’m Philipp and I play the guitar.
2. Necrotted was formed in 2008 when did you first meet the other members of the band? What is the current line-up of the band?
Fabian: I founded the band together with our former guitarist Tobias in early 2008. We knew the members of the first line-up since we were all little kids and we got to know the new band members in our teenage years.
Philipp: The current line-up consists of Fabian Fink (Vocals), Pavlos Chatzistavridis (Vocals), Philipp Fink (Guitar), Johannes Wolf (Guitar), Koray Saglam (Bass) and Markus Braun (Drums).
3. Who would you say are the bands biggest influences?
Fabian: I think bands like Whitechapel, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Despised Icon or Aborted had some influences to our own musical evolution.
4. ‘Worldwide Warfare’ is the band’s newest release. How long did it take the band to write the music for this release? Does the whole band work on writing the music or does one member usually write everything?
Philipp: I just took some weeks or months to write all 10 songs of our new album ‘Worldwide Warfare’. We’re very target-oriented and productive in the songwriting process. Most of the songs were musically written by me and our second guitarist Johannes. Some of the songs I wrote alone by myself.
5. Who usually takes care of writing the lyrics and what are some topics you all wrote about on ‘Worldwide Warfare’?
Fabian: Writing the lyrics is my job! The lyrics are always socio-critical and about political topics. ‘Worldwide Warfare’ is all about the global revolution, everlasting threats to society and the last war of mankind.
6. Besides ‘Worldwide Warfare’ are the bands previous releases still available to buy? Besides releases does the band have any other merchandise available? If yes, what is available and where can the readers buy it?
Philipp: Yes, our previous albums ‘Anchors Apart’ and ‘Utopia 2.0’ are still available. Unfortunately, the physical copies of our first release are sold out: the EP ‘Kingdom Of Hades’. But you can download the EP for free!
Fabian: We also have shirts, longsleeves, shot glasses and other merchandise you can purchase online or at one of our shows. New merchandise will be offered in the course of the release of ‘worldwide Warfare’. You can buy our merchandise on Bandcamp (necrotted.bandcamp.com) or BigCartel (Necrotted.bigcartel.com).
7. Does Necrotted play live very often? If yes, what have been some of the band’s most memorable shows? And who are some bands you have shared the stage with?
Philipp: Yeah, we’re playing live as often as possible. Our show at the Summer Breeze 2015 surely was one of the memorable ones. Also, our show at the Deep Rock Festival 2015 – the first show in our hometown Abtsgmünd – meant a lot to us.
Fabian: Playing live is the essence of running this band. It’s so much fun to climb on stage and have a good time. Over the years, we shared the stage with some well-known bands like Heaven Shall Burn, Caliban, Hatebreed, Napalm Death, Kataklysm, Vader, Krisiun, Unearth, The Dillinger Escape Plan and many more.
8. Are there any tours or shows planned in support of the new release? If yes, where will the band be playing?
Philipp: Yes, we’re playing an album release tour right after the release of ‘Worldwide Warfare from 27th October to 4th November 2017. The tour will mostly take place in Germany and the surrounding European countries.
9. Necrotted comes out of Germany's metal scene. What is your opinion of Germany's metal scene?
Fabian: On the one hand I love the German metal scene for its activities and all the great German bands. On the other hand I hate the German metal scene for being so cosseted. Many people rather stay at home than going to a local underground concert. This sucks! We all should support our local metal scene.
10. Who are your all-time favorite German bands? And are there any new bands you feel the readers should check out?
Fabian: My all-time German favorite band? Heaven Shall Burn!
Philipp: Powerwolf. And you should definitely check out Aeons Of Corruption and Skeleton Pit!
11. Besides bands are there any honest and reliable labels or distro's you could recommend?
Philipp: We can recommend our new label Rising Nemesis Records. They’re doing a great job and have an awesome band roster.
12. Besides metal music do you listen to any other forms of underground music? If yes, what genres do you listen to and who are some of your favorite bands and artists?
Fabian: We’re all listening to very different styles of music besides metal, for example I like to listen to hip hop or (German) punk and rock bands. A great band I can recommend is Staatspunkrott.
13. When not working on new music or band business what do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Philipp: I’m going to gym or play darts with our younger brother.
Fabian: I’m doing politics.
14. Other than music we are huge movie fans here do you like to watch movies? If yes, do you have a favorite genre?
Fabian: Science fiction or comic book-based movies.
Philipp: The important thing is that there’s action in the movie!