Sunday, 30 July 2017

New Jersey's Paralysis interview done by Patrick posted on 7-29-17


Interview  with  Paralysis   done  by  Patrick

1. Hello, How  are  things  going  in  New  Jersey  this  week? Please  introduce  yourself  to  the  readers?

Hello everything's good. I'm Jon Plemenik from  Paralysis

2. When  did you  first  start  listening to  metal music  and who  were  some  of the the  first  bands you  heard?


Well it all started out with my mom buying me a Queen CD and that's all I would listen to and then I heard crazy train by Ozzy Osbourne and started getting into metal more.

3. Paralysis  was  formed in 2010  when  did you  all get the idea to  form this band? Who  would  you  say  are  the  bands  biggest  influences?

Well me and an old friend of mine Jon Barrett decided to play instruments and wanted to play music together and tried to get other friends of ours to make a band. I would say at the time Metallica was our biggest influence to start a band.

4. Life  Sentence  is  the bands  debut  full-length   does the  whole  band  take  part in  the  writing  process or does  one member  usually  write everything?

All the writing was done between me and the bassist Patrick Harte

 5. Who  usually  handles  writing  the  lyrics  and  what  are  some  subjects you  all wrote  about  on  Life  Sentence?

The lyrics are all really handled by all of us in the band. The subjects we chose to write about real life problems that we are either dealing with now or have dealt with in the past.

 6.  Paralysis  self-released  the debut  would the  band  like to  find  a  label to  work  with or  do you  prefer to  self-release  your  music?

We would prefer to have a label back us because it gets really hard putting a lot of money into it especially when we have other things in life we have to take care of.

7. I  believe Life  Sentence   is  a  digital  release  are  their  any  plans  to  release  it  on  cd  or  cassette  soon? Besides   the debut  does the band  have  any  other  merchandise  available for the readers? If  yes  what  is  available  and  where can the readers  buy  it?

We have physical cds for sale along with t-shirts patches and decals on our BigCartel website. We would love to release it on vinyl and cassette in the future.

 8. Paralysis comes  out  of  New  Jersey  what  is your  opinion  of  the  metal scene  in  New Jersey?


It really depends where you play and who you play with but overall it has a good scene.

9. Who  are your  all-time  favorite  bands  coming  out of the   New Jersey  scene?Are their  any  new  bands you  feel  the  readers  should  check  out  soon?

One of my all time favorite bands to come out of New Jersey is Overkill. Another great band from New Jersey is Condition Critical.

10. Besides  metal  do you  all listen to  any  other  forms of underground  music? If  yes  what  genres  do you  listen to  and  who  are your favorite  bands or  artists?

I have been starting to listen to underground rap like $uicideboy$, Pouya, and Ghostemane.

 11. When  not  working  on  new  music  or  band  business  what  do you  enjoy  doing  in your  free time?

I enjoy watching tv and hanging out with my girlfriend. I also love to ride bmx bikes when I can.

 12. Besides  music  we  are  big  movie  fans  here do  you  all  watch  a lot  of  movies? Do you have a  favorite movie genre?

I don't watch many movies but our bassist Patrick is huge into horror and sci-fi movies.

13.What  are your  all-time  favorite  movies?


I love all the insidious movies.

 14. Who  are  some  of your  favorite  actresses  and  actors? Are their  any  directors  you  like to  watch?

I don't really have any specifics that I favor over.

15. Thank  you  for  taking the  time to  fill  this  interview  out  do  you  have  any  final  words  for the  readers?
I would like give a special shoutout to my mom. She has supported me with everything. I have done from day one and I wouldn't be doing any of this if it wasn't for her support.

Band Contacts:

https://paralysisthrash.bandcamp.com/

https://twitter.com/ParalysisNJ

https://www.facebook.com/paralysisnj/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.